If you are planning on a trip, it has to be Vail, Colorado. It is a place for amazing adventure for family or romance. However, because it is a world class destination, many people find it very heavy on the pocket such that most often Vail is just a dream. But considering the economy today it is not wise to squander.
Despite that Vail should be a place you must go to. You will still be able to go to Vail with lesser expenses.
1. Where to Stay Choose a place to stay located in areas where shuttle passes by. Generally, the bigger accommodations and condominiums are found outside the Village making you get the most of your money when you choose the shuttle route area. You will be happy because there will always be transportation whenever you will go to the village.
2. Find another option aside from hotel. Look for a condo to rent or even consider home rental. These accommodations are pretty cheap especially when you are traveling in groups. Rental rates are often negotiable.
3. Do not rent a car/SUV. They are too pricey and impractical when you are in Vail. When you come from Denver and Eagle airports, the best thing to do is go ahead and take the shuttle because they will get you straight to your accommodations. When you are in Vail, you can then take the Vail shuttle. The shuttle will take you to all the must be seen destination in Vail. That is why you have to stay within the shuttle route. There are parts in Vail that do not have shuttle service. You can inquire from the property manger where you are staying at if they offer discounts for the shuttle. They usually do.
4. Opt for other parking space aside from parking structures. They are expensive which is usually at $22 per day not to mention the nightmare when you are done skiing. You can park in an area that has free parking.
5. Choose bundled services - ski lessons, gears and lift tickets for the entire family. You will be able to serve more when you opt for bundled arrangements. Browse the internet for more ideas on bundled services in Vail.
6. Find discounts among Vail resorts especially on lift tickets. Lift tickets are usually controlled so you can find the discounts in their website. When you buy the tickets online, it will be a lot cheaper.
7. Rent gear for skiing beforehand via the internet. Usually companies are giving out discounts in their websites. When you have rented before, you will get bigger discounts.
About the Author: